It is currently 26 Jun 2017, 00:18

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2014, 00:53 

[ ]

Last edited by Anteros on 10 Aug 2015, 04:32, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2014, 06:38 

https://soundcloud.com/epignosis/sato-y ... -brown-duo

Noisy guitar improvisation duo here in Seoul from a show early last month.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2014, 23:34 

This picture of Cornelia in my outfit next to Bonobo I thought was pretty hilarious. She stands out just the way I intended :)

Attachment:
Screen shot 2014-12-05 at 00.15.25.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 11:17 
engineer

are there some videos of it so we can see the outfit in motion? great job, Arash!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2014, 19:10 
porter

well done arash - would also love to see more photos/video

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2014, 19:55 

unfortunately not! I fell asleep before the streaming aired, and wasn't able to capture anything :S

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 03:47 

hello, i am a general lurker though i have posted from time to time. i have been devoting a lot of time and research for the past year to knitting. i'm a self taught knitter and my approach is just to do well fitting, super soft simple wearable items using really nice fibers. i finished this sweater last night. i used an undyed baby alpaca and bambo yarn, which has a very interesting texture as the yarn itself is a knitted tube of super fine fibers, making the garment really light and plush, yet very warm. i live in canada, so i'll probably be wearing this everyday for the next couple of months yet.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 06:45 

Nice, WitW. Would love a close-up of the fabric's texture. Have a thing for textures, particularly in natural colours (well, part natural, no such things as totally natural bamboo thread).

Does the alpaca shed much? Although maybe it's too early in the garment's life-cycle to tell.

Melbourne isn't as bad as you get it up north, but it's still cold enough that I spend all winter buying jumpers and all summer wondering why I have so many jumpers.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 12:23 

fit magna caedes wrote:
Nice, WitW. Would love a close-up of the fabric's texture. Have a thing for textures, particularly in natural colours (well, part natural, no such things as totally natural bamboo thread).

Does the alpaca shed much? Although maybe it's too early in the garment's life-cycle to tell.

Melbourne isn't as bad as you get it up north, but it's still cold enough that I spend all winter buying jumpers and all summer wondering why I have so many jumpers.

I have knit with this yarn before and i find it doesn't shed due to its construction. most yarn is 1 to 4 plys, meaning that 1 to 4 strands are twisted together to form 1 strand, but this yarn is a small knit tube made up of super fine baby alpaca and bamboo, so it's much stronger than if the two fibers were just twisted together. i'll try to post a detail shot later. in the meantime here's a link to the yarn itself, you can kind of see what i mean by 'knit tube' - http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/product_page_detail.php?category_id=6&item_id=74

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 12:37 

wildinthewoods wrote:
fit magna caedes wrote:

I have knit with this yarn before and i find it doesn't shed due to its construction. most yarn is 1 to 4 plys, meaning that 1 to 4 strands are twisted together to form 1 strand, but this yarn is a small knit tube made up of super fine baby alpaca and bamboo, so it's much stronger than if the two fibers were just twisted together. i'll try to post a detail shot later. in the meantime here's a link to the yarn itself, you can kind of see what i mean by 'knit tube' - http://www.classiceliteyarns.com/product_page_detail.php?category_id=6&item_id=74

Ooooh

This makes me want to learn to knit and then knit things

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 16:18 

Hello WitW!
Congratulations for that knit, that's exactly the kind of clothes I'd like to wear through all winter here in Switzerland! Did you manage to achieve this level of knitting in only one year? Or did you have prior experience? And I second FMC, I'd love to see some closeup shots!

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 18:26 
porter

Hello, inthewoods - always a pleasure to see you in these parts. Really enjoying the sweater, reminds me of one i used to own with a kind of rolled neckline, similarly heavy knit consistency. Would really enjoy seeing more photographs of this one, perhaps some macro shots...and feel free to post some in the wywt thread as well, we'd enjoy your presence there very much. Otherwise this may eventually become a cat forum.

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2015, 22:47 
engineer

the sweater looks beautiful, great job!

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2015, 04:44 

merz wrote:
Otherwise this may eventually become a cat forum.

you say this like its a bad thing...

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2016, 21:21 

In lack of a 'small (stupid) questions-thread' I'd like to start in this one hoping one of you in here can cure my ignorance. I was talking with my friend over the internet earlier about production in fashion, regarding the treatment of leather especilly, and we were both curious as to how designers produce different results. My friend who is more well versed in Rick Owens than I am in anything fashion related told me he had read years ago that RO used some sort of chrome treatment but that's all he knew, so my question is how one would treat the leather to gain different results...

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016, 08:52 

Are you talking about the Chrome Hearts treatment or the chromium tanning process? Be more specific.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 17:44 
machinist

my dear comrades.
As you may know I've been tried to start some kind of small business with custom mtm pants in vintage fabrics.
need to say that I got some positive records out of it and some strangely negative, but I suppose it's normal.

At this moment I'm done with preorders and decided to produce some amount of pieces to make at least something that would be able to be called a collection. thinking about three different styles of pants, three different styles of jackets/coats, three styles of shirt/longsleeves, three types of accessories.

Maybe it's obvious and banal idea, but I want to try.

And I'm ready for any kind of collaboration, cooperation and co-working anyone will be able to offer.
Conceptual, technical, direct involvement in crafting etc etc. I'm fully open.

many of you are more skilled that me in patternmaking, sewing, treating and marketing - so let's communicate and share. really think that we could make something serious from this altogether.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2016, 13:15 

harness with a lot of problems
does the job

leather, metal, and thread(?)
some other smaller things (mainly chokers,and belts),

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 18:18 

heres a coat I have been working on for a while, still needs a finished belt, hems, pockets and buttons but its so cold here that I have just been wearing it and letting my bag keep it closed
Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 1.05.52 PM.png

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 1.06.31 PM.png

its based pretty heavily on this lmaltieri coat that was on rak for a while before finally going on sale and disappearing,

mine is single breast not reglan unlined and will have patch pockets but the volume the collar and the sleeve cap angle are taken from that one.
Attachment:
lmaltieri trench.jpg

although looking at the two coats and comparing the lm one still has way more volume

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2017, 18:46 
porter

Had meant to purchase the above coat for years, somehow missed the sale and feel a bit miffed about it - but perhaps the solution will come in form of having the ideal one made for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next