It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 17:55

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Placet Experiri
PostPosted: 06 Apr 2015, 23:54 

crouka wrote:
"fabric always comes first. design follows it. the concept of the collections has been there since the beginning. it is part of my personality and progresses naturally"

i had read this from him slightly distinct (and preferred it):

Quote:
the body, be it male or female, is it to be beautified or is it to be clothed?
to be beautified i wouldn't say, that serves no purpose. even for me sometimes it is important to be aware of the uselessness of what i do. i begin with the presupposition that i must clothe, i clothe a person because in some way he needs to be covered (since the beginning).

"purposeful" is of course a funny term coming from him.

Attachment:
img600x450-1426985803oblcqm3131.jpg

Attachment:
img600x450-1426985803jlowjv3131.jpg

crouka wrote:
astonishment ... by way of what breton called convulsive beauty.

direct-to-source ...

Attachment:
cpt02.jpg

Attachment:
cpt01.jpg

Attachment:
oppenheim.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 00:15 

more interesting for me lately:

mak.at wrote:
ICH HABE SEHR GESUCHT NACH DER FRAU, WAS IST ÜBERHAUPT FRAU, HABE ALSO MEHR DAS „THEMA FRAU“ BEARBEITET ALS DAS THEMA MODE... DIE ANDEREN (DESIGNER) MACHEN JA EINEN ALMABTRIEB MIT IHR.

"i have very much sought after the female, what is the female at all, thus have worked more on the "female issue" than the issue of fashion ... the other (designers) just use her for almabtrieb."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almabtrieb wrote:
The Almabtrieb (German language literally: drive from the mountain pasture) is an annual event in the alpine regions in Europe, referring to a cow train in autumn.

During summer, all over the alpine regions cow herds feed on alpine pastures (Almen or Alpen) high up in the mountains (a practice known as transhumance). In numbers, these amount to about 500,000 cows in Austria, 380,000 in Switzerland and 50,000 in Germany.

While there is often some movement of cattle between the Almen during the summer, there is usually one concerted cow train in autumn to bring the cows to their stables down in the valley. This typically takes place in late September or early October. If there were no accidents on the Alm during the summer, in many areas the cows are decorated elaborately, and the cow train is celebrated with music and dance events in the towns and villages. Upon arrival in the valley, joint herds from multiple farmers are sorted in the Viehscheid, and each cow is returned to its owner.

In many places this Alpine custom of Almabtrieb has nowadays evolved into a major tourist attraction, with a public festival and booths set up along the course for selling agricultural as well as artisans' products along with alcoholic beverages.

The reverse cow train up to the Almen in spring is not celebrated.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2015, 03:58 

A coat of seal intestine, from the Pitt Rivers Museum:

Quote:
Current PRM display label (2009) - 'Man’s parka made of seal intestine, Aleut/Unangan people, Aleutian Islands, Alaska, USA. The cuffs and hem of this parka feature a complex border of fourteen thin bands of parchment-like sealskin dyed red and black. These are overwoven with fine caribou-hair embroidery in geometric patterns. There are more than 20,000 embroidery stitches in the border alone. Purchased from Ernest Freeborn in 1908; 1908.73.1 [HA 14/05/2009]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 16:39 

^ that is a fantastic parka.

even intestine is a surface, still a veil. the inside is the outside. ambiguity, irony, sort of contradictory self-identity or dynamic identification, that which makes him move, what he might have implied by "indecision", the flat-twin engine of carol christian poell.

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 17:05 

crouka wrote:
by way of astonishment......by way of what breton called convulsive beauty.

correction:
it should be "by means of". sorry

what he replaced certain conventionality with

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2015, 17:13 

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 18:22 

Is Carol fundamentally inarticulate? Or is what he saying so complex, that it cannot easily be explained?

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2015, 22:19 

No, he articulates at least some of the time...

Sorry, sorry. Carry on.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2015, 08:08 

and at once "disjointed" too.

one can put a thing like this or like that.
huizinga

so, if anything, it could be said that ccp is fundamentally play.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015, 18:27 

ccp for mandarina duck (short-lived line from the late 90's to the early 00's)
jacket made to order available in grey and yellow

please don't reproduce the image outside of this thread thanks

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 17:58 

btw, with his items the elastic part such as cuffs is single-ribbed, which is usually seen in the medical field. it is meant to be friendly to patients and loosen easily so that it doesn't tighten too much. but this is ccp. conceptually it has to be irony, dehiscence, or the expression of both-sides-at-once. so, for example, the leather part is often oppressive, conversely here changing into pressure dressing as hemostasis approach.

in a way ccp is medicine, though sometimes simply poison (labeled "SAFE"), for today's fashion to which bread and circuses could be getting more and more lukewarmly relevant. but bread and circuses is really a strong curse. on the other hand, genius is said to be a kind of disease. the crazy products of genius born of illness work as evil repellent, like the smell of garlic takes away that of onions. ccp offers protection. a good luck charm engraved with the number "13".

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2015, 18:04 

SAFE

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:12 

some things from ØØ OFF-SCENE (SS 08), for historical purposes

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:16 

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:18 

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:20 

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:24 

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:29 

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:40 

excerpts below from merleau-ponty / the visible and the invisible, followed by working notes

Quote:
Reversibility: the finger of the glove that is turned inside out---There is no need of a spectator who would be on each side. It suffices that from one side I see the wrong side of the glove that is applied to the right side, that I touch the one through the other (double “representation” of a point or plane of the field). the chiasm is that: the reversibility---
It is through it alone that there is passage from the “For Itself” to the For the Other---In reality there is neither me nor the other as positive, positive subjectivities. There are two caverns, two opennesses, two stages where something will take place---and which both belong to the same world, to the stage of Being.
There is not the For Itself and the For the Other---They are each the other side of the other. This is why they incorporate one another: projection-introjection---There is that line, that frontier surface at some distance before me, where occurs the veering I-Other Other-I
The axis alone given---the end of the finger of the glove is nothingness---but a nothingness one can turn over, and where then one sees things---The only “place” where the negative would really be is the fold, the application of the inside and the outside to one another, the turning point---

to put it graphically, it could be like this:
glove|evolg
in a sense, the collection too was about the hiatus between glove and evolg.

the official image used for the season was the close-up of the glove fingertip as a figure starting to look like ground and the allusive blank as a ground with " sign of a shaking [ébranlement] ". it seems as if they are in a relation of transgression.
the seasonal top page video on his site was titled "doors" where each stall door turns by itself in the lavatory of an old cannery, the venue of the presentation.

Quote:
I experience — and as often as I wish — the transition and the metamorphosis of the one experience into the other, and it is only as though the hinge between them, solid, unshakeable, remained irremediably hidden from me. But this hiatus between my right hand touched and my right hand touching, between my voice heard and my voice uttered, between one moment of my tactile life and the following one, is not an ontological void, a non-being: it is spanned by the total being of my body, and by that of the world; it is the zero of pressure between two solids that makes them adhere to one another.

Last edited by crouka on 13 Aug 2016, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2016, 17:49 

Quote:
As the secret blackness of milk, of which Valéry spoke, is accessible only through its whiteness, the idea of light or the musical idea doubles up the lights and sounds from beneath, is their other side or their depth. Their carnal texture presents to us what is absent from all flesh; it is a furrow that traces itself out magically under our eyes without a tracer, a certain hollow, a certain interior, a certain absence, a negativity that is not nothing...

merleau-ponty / the visible and the invisible, followed by working notes

http://www.giacomozanardelli.com/showca ... /index.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next