It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 20:26

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 06:34 

merz wrote:
in one swift move it seems like photobucket has wiped out about 1/3 of internet history for the early/mid 00s. terrifying really. as for posting from IG, i guess its harder to do than i imagined. you can always just do image attachment when you post, like.. (doing this because i really love the below)

I guess I should do that, probably easiest.

I wonder if Internet Archive keeps a copy of the lost images?

hah, my students were so bemused by a tutor in a (semi-)skirt.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2017, 12:42 

There is imgur, which I use, though that does not permit for sorting/browsing images by album (as far as I know).

Man, what a bummer.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 17:07 
porter

has been a long while since i proper contributed anything, and i'm not sure this really qualifies but why not. linea lab & yohji pants. pretty much the most i can manage in this heat.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 21:17 

A few things from the few cool days we've had. 1+1, macross, レーベルアンダーコンストラクション, and Devoa, a brand that produces one or two wonderful things every season along with a mountain of dreck.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 16:02 

I wish I had a linen lab, so I could keep wearing labs in summer. Ones I have are way too heavy for Australia's warmer months.

Me, today, trying to include as many clashing stripes/colours as possible:

(Stripes are Uma/Ziggy, black is cdiem.)

Attachment:
DPP_0231.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 05:45 

" horizontal stripes suggest the weight of geologic strata at rest brought about by gravity. in contrast, vertical stripes represent light rain brought down by gravity, and the lightness of willow branches. "

the above is part of the description of "iki" by shuzo kuki. although iki is something vernacular, the more it is explained, the more it escapes from logic and abstraction. if someone has a question, what is not iki then? you could answer, the act of its explanation, for example. so no one had tried to explain about it before the philosopher. and there he is saying vertical stripes are more iki than horizontal ones.

" a pattern of stripes radiating out from a single point does not express iki. examples of this occur in patterns inspired by the converging ribs of an umbrella or ribs of a fan that run toward its pivot as well as the radiating lines of a spiderweb or rays of light from a rising sun. none of these are expressions of iki. in order to express iki, a design must be visually disinterested and purposeless. radiating stripes, having a center, have achieved their goal; hence, they cannot be felt to represent iki. an iki sensibility can be found in this type of stripes only when the point of origin is concealed, deceiving us into seeing the radiating lines as parallel."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 20:17 

merz wrote:

has been a long while since i proper contributed anything, and i'm not sure this really qualifies but why not. linea lab & yohji pants. pretty much the most i can manage in this heat.

Merz, i love your t-shirt!

Where did you find it?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 09:41 
engineer

great fit, FMC! so cool.
and such a nice description of the difference between vertical and horizontal lines, crouka :) i still have to look up though about "iki" and what it refers to...

here is a recent outfit from me. i wore this past summers too, but now i have new sandals (they have red soles, which might not be visible on these photos :)

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2017, 18:25 
engineer

And here is another recent one from me. CDG skirt, Stella McCartney sandals.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 09:40 

Great skirt, Rilu.

And meant to respond to your last comment but didn't (also to Crouka's great comment on stripes).

A few days ago, prior to beard-removal, in relatively new Comme bomber/coat hybrid:

Attachment:
DPP_0234.JPG

Today, post beard-removal, in mostly old clothes other than newish Taichi scarf and Uma shirt.

Attachment:
DPP_0242.JPG

At present rate of drift from monochrome to colourful, I'll end up in head to toe Etro/Gucci by Christmas, hahaha.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 10:21 
engineer

haha looks great, FMC! you keep on having this distinct silhouette and no matter the combination you somehow make it yours. i really like that. the CDG coat looks so crazy (in a good way)!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 10:08 

rilu wrote:
haha looks great, FMC! you keep on having this distinct silhouette and no matter the combination you somehow make it yours. i really like that. the CDG coat looks so crazy (in a good way)!

Trying to figure out the silhouette you mean--I guess whether boots or socks my calves/lower legs are nearly always narrow, and above that nearly always baggy. And then few if any fitted uppers... I guess if there's one consistent thing in my wardrobe it's the lack of tight pants.

It's funny that others might see more consistency than we do ourselves--as with personality, too. Always odd, to me, the way others will notice things about us that seem obvious to them but of which we aren't even aware...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 17:16 
porter

Brasod wrote:
[
Merz, i love your t-shirt!

Where did you find it?

phpBB [video]

the renderers are a band from new zealand that has been active since the flying nun days. over the years they've made their way to residing in california. they've released a number of things on last visible dog, the record label i help run. one of these was a record called monsters and miasmas, which this shirt bears the cover art of. the illustration itself was painted by maryrose crook, the singer.

a good number of the shirts you see me wear are made by me. the record label is going to have a bigcartel store set up for our upcoming releases in the near future and shirt designs will be a part of that, so you'll likely be able to purchase some.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 08:33 
engineer

fit magna caedes wrote:
Trying to figure out the silhouette you mean--I guess whether boots or socks my calves/lower legs are nearly always narrow, and above that nearly always baggy. And then few if any fitted uppers... I guess if there's one consistent thing in my wardrobe it's the lack of tight pants.

Yes, exactly that one! :) it's not something i see often, let alone worn in an interesting way, as you do it.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017, 08:52 

Found this IS coat cheap a little while back (a lot of IS seems to be under-valued on the secondary market... not sure why? Not much hype, I guess.) Has some labcoat genes, or perhaps rather the similar 1+1 coats that I've seen but not handled, the ones with vertical pockets? Triple layer at the front, with jersey sandwiched between the waffled fabric (cotton? It's a sample, I think, so label has no details aside from size, colour, and item number). Adjustable internal cord cinch at rear waist a sort of analogue for the belt at back. Sleeves very similar to the labcoats I have (separate cotton lining, and sits on my arms in a similar way, although shoulders are raglan, so panelling is different). Plus, of course, the cord fastenings she likes to use that are very similar to the CDiem button loops, and so on. This may have scratched the itch I had to find a light-toned labcoat... although you never know, one can never have enough labcoats...

Turning towards summer here, all too soon. And I'm teaching in my least favourite rooms; so hot that it feels like it should be forty plus outside, and no windows, uuurgh.

Student comment: "the last time I saw clothes like yours was in the Witcher 3". I knew I'd finally slip into cosplay by accident, it was only a matter of time...

Attachment:
DPP_0246 - Copy.JPG

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017, 22:48 

Speaking as someone who loved that game more than is generally considered healthy -- I think it swallowed up a full three months' worth of my leisure time (DON'T JUDGE ME) -- I can confidently say that you would absolutely qualify as some sort of badass NPC medic or scientist. Which is not to say that I don't think you have some battle or mage gear elsewhere in your closet.

Not much in the way of clothing updates from me, I fucking hate summer, and am glad that it is drawing to a close in our hemisphere, but a brief location update. I went to Casper, Wyoming by way of Denver to see the total solar eclipse, and my mom generously snapped this photo of me in Urst's labcoat. It was cold enough there in the mornings for it, and always cold enough on airplanes.

From the preview screen of my dad's Nikon:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017, 18:08 
porter

my record label partner frequently refers to my clothes as 'hunter's garb' from bloodborne. has been a while, innit..

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 07:09 

teenage-wristband wrote:
Speaking as someone who loved that game more than is generally considered healthy -- I think it swallowed up a full three months' worth of my leisure time (DON'T JUDGE ME) -- I can confidently say that you would absolutely qualify as some sort of badass NPC medic or scientist. Which is not to say that I don't think you have some battle or mage gear elsewhere in your closet.

Ha, when the whole "what DND character would you be?" game gets played, my friends always decide I'm a mage. Not based on clothes, either, weirdly enough. (Their only disagreement is my alignment).

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 13:34 
engineer

Hi from Tokyo :)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2017, 13:19 

Looks like fun!

Me today. Spring is firmly arrived.

I'm wearing an Uma coat over an Uma blazer that both have similar stripe patterns (same season) but different colours (and lustre) and the blazer has embroidery throughout, although not really visible at this distance. Semi-visible: new AHN skull ring. Also visible: how grumpy I was today, haha

Attachment:
DPP_0251 - Copy.JPG

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next