It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 20:26

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154
PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 18:51 
engineer

Those Uma coats are something. Though with those rings, the fit looks like intentionally decadent, especially when you say you were grumpy, makes me think of some story behind your outfit, like you're some art collector who's just lost on a really important bid :lol:

I've got some beautiful pieces in Japan, will try to share soon : )

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2017, 18:36 
porter

thinking back to instances of seeing folks I know dressed in ways that elicited a chuckle. I can't help it. sometimes wondering, as the images of a certain gentleman in red harnden trousers come unbidden, whether i'm occasionally guilty of the same thing, which is 'too much.' a rather subjective one at that, brought on by wearing on oversized linea linen duster with enough fraying at the edges to look like a well-oxidised shroud of turin. lacking context, i amuse myself with an imagined audience who sees me as cosplaying WWE's 'the undertaker', replete with the intro theme. Its a very subjective line, and it doesn't really mean anything because if one imagines oneself always within a context forced by outside observer, there is no way to live & dress in peace. fmc, you've got a thing going there that is, ah, bolder than i'll ever be able to manage in my own (admittedly very conservative) mode of dress. keep on keeping on.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 12:02 

(I remember even louder outfits than the one you allude to, although won't mention them, as the wearers have moved on.)

Yeah I seem to have swung more maximalist than minimalist recently. I guess decadence is an aspect of the aesthetic--something about the rise in temperatures seems to fit with that, the languid feeling I look forwards to when it's 40 degree+ days in Melbourne...

It's pretty obviously not what a lot of us here would wear, but I figured that even if it's on the fair fringes I'd keep posting--I personally have always enjoyed watching people dive into something, even if it's a very different thing than anything I enjoy wearing/doing/etc.

I was discussing my more colourful recent fits with a Comme collector recently and was saying that I think it's partly down to humour... I got a bit tired of the always-frowny-face thing that happens in some corners. Not that 2+2, or Rick, doesn't also have humour, or that humour is the whole of Comme or Harnden, etc., but... I read a recent and somewhat snarky opinion piece by a mutual former acquaintance, about Gucci, and how much more intellectual it is to wear Boris, or something. And it made me want, for a second, to parade around in the brightest and most garish Gucci pieces I could find. (I recovered).

But yes, worrying about what others think is death. No need to internalise others' opinions more than necessary. Or react to them.

(BTW my brother says I look like a black market alchemist from a fantasy story/game/etc., hahaha)

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 21:41 

merz wrote:
lacking context, i amuse myself with an imagined audience who sees me as cosplaying WWE's 'the undertaker', replete with the intro theme.

This is like the third time in a week I have been witness to Limp Bizkit references, either directly or indirectly, and I admit this is the last place I'd expect to find one (though I'm charmed to have been proven wrong). Maybe a version of the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon going on here.

Unless we're going waaaaay back into Chopin or Ministry.

FMC, I think you're probably the best equipped of us here to rock some Gucci.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2017, 17:27 
engineer

Some more photos from Tokyo.
I found this cardigan by Bernhard Willhelm (second photo), which is a full circle knit with a fake hood/large collar. It reminds me of No Face from Spirited Away ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154