It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 10:32

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2014, 07:43 

two years ago there was a new lupin series. it's gorgeous

free to stream from funimation's website too

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2014, 04:35 

lupin is too fun! that director has a lotta other good series under her belt as well.

im on episode 6 of akage no anne (adaptation of anne of green gables). im probably one of the few who doesnt love aria but i love this and its snail pacing so far. it seemed to me as i was watching it almost brave not to rely on kawaiiness, reactions, misunderstandings etc in a slice of life where very little happens, and brave to have shots linger for a few seconds on a moment, or an expression... but of course this was adapted from a novel, and the lingering shots were probably due to budget constraints heh, that was my borges moment i guess! it was refreshing from the run of the mill current season shows i was watching.

i am aiming to buy nara goods from yahoo.. i would like to purchase this bery much (pictured)

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2014, 05:37 

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2014, 11:48 
engineer

ohh so the manga is out! thanks for sharing crouka! :)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 03:00 

phpBB [video]

i remembered this being better. maybe it's just the wooden dub acting tho
feelin tsukasa here tho i wanna mope in a video game all day

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 03:08 

*deleted*

Last edited by omen on 11 Nov 2016, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 03:34 

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

i think im too young to be exposed to this

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 03:43 

*deleted*

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 09:07 
engineer

omen, the above post has been reported since some members find it ethically questionable. I know that there is a warning "NSFW", but some scenes can be triggering (rather than being just a joke) for some people. Let's try and not post material which can be offensive to others.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 13:48 

rilu wrote:
ethically questionable

their whole existence is ethically questionable.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 14:14 
engineer

yeah, i get your point and i don't see a problem in discussing this topic, i think the problem is just if links are posted without an adequate warning. what does everyone think about this kind of situations?
i think that including a possibly offensive video itself (rather than just a link) would be more problematic.

p.s.
(omen, maybe you could add some kind of warning in your post from above, if you agree with this.)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 19:23 
porter

out of curiosity, did someone actually report that? i sometimes forget that while the number of active posters here is pretty low, there seems to be growing readership :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 20:30 

*deleted*

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2014, 21:11 
engineer

^ yes, it was reported by one of the members, not some lurkers. like i said above, maybe for some people this is triggering or offensive or something and they didn't know what they were going to see when they clicked on the link, which is why i suggested putting a warning beside the link. of course, it would be easier for everyone if those who find something problematic discussed it explicitly within the forum, but maybe they have their reasons, so i am just reporting the issue.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 00:13 

"Let's try and not post material which can be offensive to others."

i dunno i thought the vid in question was dumb (sorry) but not offensive really. rilu, this is a dangerous statement, i mean some people are offended by the word fuck, or a dangling participle. not sure where whoever reported this is coming from so maybe this is out of line, but maybe a good fix would be for anyone emotionally susceptible enough to be offended by the material in question (cmon, the internet has way worse) to refrain from clicking random youtube links...

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 00:24 
engineer

Yeah, I agree MJRH, that it can get slippery once we try to specify what offensive can mean for each person on this forum. I have seen elsewhere on the internet discussions on whether there should be warnings for people who can get seriously disturbed by certain scenes (hence my above talk of "triggering"). That's why I said that sentence which you quoted, having in mind that some scenes and videos are heavier than others and fall under the more common triggers. But again, I suppose that many would disagree and give a suggestion like yours from above (for example, I've seen that some asexual people, who are also sex-repulsed, ask for a warning for any sexual content that may be present in a posted video...).

I don't know what a solution really is, and having seen the report, the only fair thing I could do is bring this up for discussion.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 00:26 
porter

yeah, i don't know. 'offensive to others' is very broad. my hope is that when someone finds something offensive, they can simply confront the other person and talk the merits (or lack thereof?) in the other person's post instead of looking to me to make some kind of a judgement call.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2014, 00:33 
engineer

^ i agree.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015, 21:38 

godddamn i just watched the third berserk movie and I feel traumatised for life I feel like I've touched the abyss and never want to leave my house ever again

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015, 23:38 
engineer

yessss now you know why this thread is called the way it's called :D now you can proceed with the manga, which is simply brilliant! though unfortunately coming out so slow :-/ and by the time you get to the pirates, you might wanna watch this:

phpBB [video]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next