It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 17:55

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: margins of nwvn
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2017, 04:32 

junya watanabe FW 1993

(that which looks like shirt + skirt is dress)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2017, 06:25 

dolgabba SS1994

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2017, 17:56 

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2017, 16:32 
porter

fascinating, though I guess I would have thought it more interesting if the designers were asking those interested to express the need that they have for a product that may not exist. the idea of ready to wear things being given away to those best capable of pleading for those things seems a bit humiliating somehow. when it comes to 'luxury product', the idea of need is a bit of a farce

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 16:26 

I think thats kind of the point, who needs a hairbrush made of human hair, who needs wine glasses set into rock? Isnt it all for fun?
or maybe its exactly what you need.

I think I would ask for a chair cover to cover a chair.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 06:42 

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 14:04 
engineer

MJRH: that's the right way of trolling to wake up this forum from its summer slumber :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 03:18 

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2017, 03:20 

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 05:59 

carol might be interested in this, a japanese literary giant on chute, junichiro tanizaki from the essay titled one thing and another on the privy (1935)

......As a rule, when you walk to the rear of these buildings by the river's edge, the first floor becomes the second floor, because another level has been built on below the upper level. The noodle restaurant being of this construction, the toilet was located on the second floor; yet when I straddled the hole and peered down, I could see the earth and the plants of the riverbed, so far below as to make me feel dizzy. Rape blossoms blooming in the fields; butterflies flitting to and fro; people passing — I could see them all quite clearly. In short, this toilet jutted out from the second floor, beyond the edge of the bluff above the riverbed. Below the boards upon which my feet rested there was naught but thin air. The solids discharged from my rectum went tumbling through several tens of feet of void, grazing the wings of butterflies and the heads of passers-by, on their descent to the excrement receptacle. The spectacle of their descent was distinctly visible from above; yet since no "frog leaps in / the sound of water" was to be heard, neither did any foul odors come wafting up from below. And above all, even the excrement receptacle itself, when you look down at it from that height, doesn't look at all unclean. The same must be true, I thought, when you go to the toilet on an airplane. Yet nowhere else could there be so tasteful a privy, where butterflies flutter in the space through which one's feces fall, and beneath which real rape fields bloom. ........

........He would collect vast quantities of moth wings and put them in a crock, which he would then place beneath the floor of his privy and let his feces fall onto them. One could, of course, consider this simply the substitution of a bed of wings for a bed of sand; but such light, indeed almost weightless, things are the wings of moths, that this device swallows up the Peony Cakes that drop into it and renders them invisible. Surely there can hardly have been, ever in the past, a privy so extravagantly equipped as this one. A receptacle for excrement—no matter how beautifully crafted, no matter how immaculate the design of the place—is something the very thought of which inspires feelings of filth. But this, this bed of moth wings, one can actually contemplate as a thing of beauty. The feces drop with a plop from above; a myriad wings flutter up, as in a puff of smoke, which itself appears to be a cluster of ultra-thin fragments of mica, each and every one of which is dried to perfection and suffused with an inner glow of reddish-brown. Before you're even aware what it was that fell, the objects are swallowed up in this accumulation of fragments. ........

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 07:04 

crouka wrote:
carol might be interested in this, a japanese literary giant on chute, junichiro tanizaki from the essay titled one thing and another on the privy (1935)

well, he does love his body humour, does carol, and that's a wonderfully evocative title...

also, what do you think the odds are tanizaki was familiar with joyce? the first thing i thought of reading this was bloom pooping. i had to look it up, but there was a japanese ulysses translation out by the time this essay was writ. though, without knowing much of japanese culture, i'm not sure the same level of squeamishness re:defectation existed at the time.... would this have been at all shocking to anyone like it ever so sadly was in the us and europe?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2017, 05:32 

tanizaki worked as a translator too. so he must have been familiar with all the important works from the western world. seems like he liked balzac very much. though I cannot seem to find any anecdote he was a joyce fan especially.

I guess it was not shocking basically. because, in a way, it was sort of in praise of nature. at least it had never been banned. or the shocking could have been found in collecting moth wings all the way for that and storing them up all the time. and of course in the possibility you are hit from above. not in the defecation anyway.
there were a few of his books banned indeed. the reason was that they were too luxurious (you were supposed to be humble at that particular time).

to show concretely a bit more what it's like, today we have makoto aida's "space shit". it is certainly controversial to many over here.

there is a song by the band - yura yura teikoku, titled "beautiful".
"I like it decent. I like it lovely even more.
it's tantalizing. but it's just a shit. no difference.
no difference after all"
while the song expresses the complicated love towards shit, nobody complains about it. junya has used it on the paris runway btw.

the cd cover