It is currently 24 Aug 2017, 10:33

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: 08 Jun 2017, 04:19 

always find myself going back to basho...

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11 

a blatant brag:

i am the proud new owner of guitar wolf's pick.

---

this thread has been sadly dead. can i *pick* y'all brains a bit? wanted to know whether there's anything new on the musical horizon. some time (a year? a month? a decade?) ago, rilu, you shared some of yer most recent faves, most notably girl band (thank you! love em). anything else, anyone?

my meager concerts list, as of this year: stoked to see the sonics next week; prior, finally got to see bob log iii and guitar wolf—ace!*—as well as clipping, run the jewels, and ho99o9, whose latest music video was produced by bataille, who keeps cropping up here:
phpBB [video]

and a deliciously goofy vid, saw these fellas last fall:

phpBB [video]

*some trans folks in the mosh last night were yelling ace! love knows no boundaries, nationality, or gender! mid-set, fantastic moment

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2017, 01:10 

Stasys wrote:
always find myself going back to basho...

robbie basho orphan's lament

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2017, 16:21 
porter

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 23:36 

a person cried
phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 01:17 
porter

who's the baby.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 14:37 

Was recently thinking again about this mystery I've had since high school. I bought it from a very long-operating record store in Seattle known for experimental music but the owner knew nothing about it and over the years I have had absolutely no success in learning a thing about it. Quite strange in this information age. The most I have come across is the discovery that someone added its very basic information (title and track list) to Discogs last year. I got around to updating photos there yesterday (https://www.discogs.com/release/8477267) and ripped the first track off of it tonight.

I know Q at least has shown a lot of interest in Hala Strana and this is what that project immediately reminded of when I first heard it.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2017, 18:17 
porter

funny you should mention hala strana. ramleh is looking to come play here again next year and gary has been sharing some of his favourite work by local musicians in hopes of perhaps getting to play with them when they're here. one thing that seems to be happening by way of this is a ramleh/factrix double headliner. but the other thing has been his love for hala strana/ulan kohl and anything else steven r smith had been involved in, pretty much. it happens that steven lives here in los angeles, sometimes comes out to shows but hasn't performed in front of an audience in a very, very long time.. so i'm presently undertaking some efforts in getting him to agree to play.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

i should probably do another radio show sometime soon.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 08:12 

If my memory serves, stylezeitgeist member "klangspiel" plays in this band.
Anyway, fuck, what happened with this guy?

Thank you merz for the post.

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 16:31 
porter

^ you are correct, he played guitar in this band. i've no idea of what happened to him or the band itself. some years later, when we decided to bring last visible dog back, i contacted him about the possibility of having either the group or solo recordings put out on our imprint, but never received a reply. its very unfortunate because i would very much like to know what he is presently up to in his music endeavours and in general.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2017, 20:10 

Thank you for th info, merz. Yes, i also wrote him e-mail, but never received a reply. I hope that he is ok...
Wow, you participate with Las Visible Dog?

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 06:48 

okay, this is so weird...

i just last month reread the first fifty or hundred or so (when it was compelling) pages of the sz lit thread, trawling for new reads, and was wondering about tod/klang, because he was one of my favourite contributors, in what was tied with music for my favourite thread at the time. it's fun to find his music here, thanks for posting that brasod. shame nobody knows where he's at, i'd like to pick his brain on several points.

while we're waxing nostalgic was corsair sanglot related to any of this too or is robert desnos just popular in the right circles, had always secretly wondered

(merz you could write a strange flowers-type blog just about certain corners of the internet couldn't you)

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2017, 18:18 
porter

'corsair sanglot' in that thread's context was an australia-based fellow, i think his actual name was dane, and he contributed excellent music to the thread back when. he was also an enthusiast of the continuing work. what surprises me is that i somehow managed to dredge up his name/surname from my memory all these years later. weird.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2017, 21:31 
engineer

phpBB [video]

the new album by our DudleyGray (https://shero.bandcamp.com/album/dsm-vi) is really great. been listening to it the entire week.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 02:06 
porter

phpBB [video]

kind of funny, everyone on this recording is a member here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31